Saturday, August 16, 2008

VEGETABLE GARDEN


Early in the season you could walk through the garden with ease. Now the heirloom tomatoes have all grown together. They were on 6 foot tall garden stakes but the weight of just the vines caused them to topple. So they were just layed on the ground. Its harder to get to them but the production is probably the same. The heirloom varieties did not start ripening as early (around July 4th) as hybrids I've grown in the past.
Okra is growing right outside my bedroom window so that I can check to see if it needs to be picked as I open the blinds first thing in the morning.
My all time favorite tomatoes are the cherry tomatoes. The vine to fruit volume is in better proportion. And they just keep producing all through the season. And its a great snack.

No comments: